Tuesday

Poem...

The ride called Pregnancy

We pay for our tickets;
excited to ride.
I jump in my seat,
and he says goodbye.
Wave at the people
to show them how high.
This will be fun,
I smile and sigh.
Then comes the nausea,
not so much fun.
Stuck on this ride,
Nope cannot run.
Popcorn and peanuts,
corn dogs, cotton candy.
The barf bag they offered,
would now come in handy.
The ride takes a turn,
Maybe this isn't so bad.
But why cant I stay
feeling happy OR sad?
I hear people laughing,
enjoying the ride..
and though there are moments,
I don't, I confide.
Then comes the end,
the steepest of all.
Hold onto the bars,
I'm afraid of the fall.
I don't think I'll go,
on this ride again.
I'll score it a one,
the best being 10.
But then something happens,
I see my reward.
Time to get off,
he is cutting the cord.
Just give me some time,
the memory sink in.
And I'll buy some more tickets,
for this ride again.

-Jennee Dee Allan-

4 comments:

Kim said...

Amen to that! That was an awesome poem! You are quite talented!

Deidra said...

That was a great poem! Congrats on the baby to come!!

Sheena Menke said...

Well said, I love it! Congratulations on the baby, what an adventure.

TheRogersReport said...

very clever...