A couple of weeks ago we got a call from our foster care placement specialist. She said they had a boy for us. We were pretty excited. We have been licensed for 2 months now, and we were not use to waiting for a child. In Tennessee we were very needed. But we are also whats called "therapeutic foster parents",which means we get the 'hard to place' youth. In Arizona, they try to keep kids with their own families as much as they can. For example, they will put a therapist in the home if they can. But Meth is a huge problem here, so in that circumstance they come into foster homes.
Michael is 4,we have had him for a week and we have seen huge improvements in him already! It has been a long and tiresome week. But the consistency, structure, routine, and food to count on, seem to be positives for Michael. We only had teenage daughters in TN, so this is different. Michael (husband) says he likes the fact that we don't have to make sure he's not sneaking to use "My Space".
Here is a pic I took this week of him and his Mom at the dentist.

This is a Lady from a new program called "Meet me where I am team"
She will be coming in daily for a while to see first hand behaviors,etc and we'll come up with a plan together on how to help him. Also in the picture is Libbie,Aadric,Ellie,Logan and Ryder(2 boys I watch). You can imagine I was grateful for the extra help:)

Here is a pic I took this week of him and his Mom at the dentist.
This is a Lady from a new program called "Meet me where I am team"
She will be coming in daily for a while to see first hand behaviors,etc and we'll come up with a plan together on how to help him. Also in the picture is Libbie,Aadric,Ellie,Logan and Ryder(2 boys I watch). You can imagine I was grateful for the extra help:)
9 comments:
you are so good!! He is lucky to be in your home. If I ever go crazy I'm going to ask that my kids be put in your house for foster care! :)
Wow, reading this post reminds me of Elder Holland's (?) talk during Gen. Conference about the angels who walk among us. I think you guys are truly angels for all the good that you do!
It is really wonderful that you and your family can be an amazing blessing to this boy and other kids when they may not have too many wonderful things in their life.
It's making me cry. Why do you have to be so good? I'm so grateful for your love of children. They need you guys.
Wow Jennee, you are busy! I go insane with just my five. My hat's off to you girl! Thanks for all of the good you do in the world!
You are my hero! Keep updating on his progress. I'd love to hear the miracles you're bringing to pass for that little boy.
You amaze me! I hope I grow up to be like you someday:)
I know these last few days have stressed you to your MAX! I just wanted to let you know you are, along with several others who have made comments about this post... My hero. How blessed I feel to have you next to me (and at times leading the way in the darkness). I love you, and thinking of the next few years crushes me to know I won't see your face daly, smell your neck deeply at times when I need comfort...
What a sweet hubby Mike is... well, you know I think your nuts! but its a good kind of nuts:) great post! keep em comin
Post a Comment