First: I have to say Congratulations to him for "Finally Kicking the bucket" and asking Heidi to marry him. They will be married in the SLC temple September 26th.
Second: He let me know of something that I have thought allot about and need people to tell me what y'all think. He used his retarded mocking voice and teased me saying " I love to blog"
then went on to inform me that it is just like a Christmas letter, just an opportunity for people to brag about how wonderful thier kids are. He said everyone always writes all the good stuff and nothing real. I responded that nobody wants to here about the fight I had with my hubby, and that being so far away it was an opportunity to feel like I am sharing my life with others and that I liked hearing about other peoples lives too. Also I said when he has a kid and worships every little milestone, like we all do he will want to "brag" too.
However, I do see his point. Sometimes I do wonder what is behind the smiles,and although I don't need to know everyones issues,sometimes I do feel inferior when I read peoples blogs. I thought about my own and how I hope no one feels like that when they read them.
But why is it that we want to present ourselves so wonderfully to others? And do people think that I am bragging,when I write about my kids? I would love any thought on this, so please respond,if ya want.
In Honor of Winslow, I am going to tell about last night:
Libbie threw up all night ,and I felt bad for not wanting to get near her because I didn't want to "catch it", How selfish,ha?
Oh and Winslow, I love how you tell the truth with humor. Cuz if we didn't laugh,we might cry.
New Site :)
15 years ago
12 comments:
Let me be the first to say that I enjoy the blogs. I don't feel inadequate or like I'm competing with other peoples happiness. I like knowing that my friends and relatives are happy and doing well. It's nice for me to see the milestones in there life too since I don't get to be around everyone as much these days. I think a blog is a good thing because it helps everyone to focus on what is right and good with there lives. More Americans need that. Family really is what it's all about. Love you guys!
Carrie
I guess it showed up under Dawni's blog but it's me - Carrie
I love your blog. I love blogging and reading others blogs. I don't think it's bragging about how our families are, it's just keeping people that we love informed on how everyone is doing. Even if it is bragging at times, it's ok. I wish I would have started one sooner. I hope to get more friends and family on blogger. It's fun to see what everyone is up to. Take care.
Haha that was good Jennee. For years we have made fun of form letters and how.....hmmm how do I say this?.. how interesting they are or the lack thereof. But I enjoy blogs and form letters because then I have something to make fun of. "We are so Happy... little tony just got a merit badge, suzianne is an amazing soccer player" when we all know.... that Jimmy and George got into a fist fight and just started up drinking. Haha okay well, This was a good blog, mainly because my picture is on there. Just kidding. Thanks for coming in to town. We always love it! Oh and thanks for the awesome wedding gift. You guys are the best. You should include some drama in blogs... then people are gonna wanna read it.
It was great to see you guys this week end. Your blog is fun and we love to read about our grandkids. What better to brag about than our kids? We see enough drama on the news, its good to read positive things. We also have two teen aged girls, our life is full of drama. love ya and keep bragging.
Mom and Dad Allan
I agree with Douglas. I read blogs to get a smile and find out the latest good news. We all know we go through hard times but we don't need to advertise it. (unless we need support) It's like when you ask someone how they are and then they start talking about their awful morning. Hey buddy, I don't want to hear about your awful morning; now I'M in a bad mood. Thanks a lot mister! And then I storm right out of there.
That guy's a jerk.
Anyhoo, we love your happy posts - it's a lot nicer to smile at your kids' antics than have to pick sides in a fight between you and the "hubby."
I have read plenty of blog entries that aren't all honky-dorey. Friends have informed others on car accidents, their kids illnesses, miscarriages, and a whole bunch of other "real life" things through blogging. Pus tons of people blog who don't even have kids and they post about movies they like, books they've read, adventures they've gone on...it's all interesting to me. I just think that life is for the most part really wonderful so for the most part we will blog about wonderful things. I love being able to see pictures and hear stories of loved ones near and far, happy or sad I'm so thankful to be informed. To be honest though, I do occasionally wish that friends and family of mine would post more pictures and stories of themselves rather than their kids. I am still curious to hear what they are up to and what they look like, ya know?
Funny Winslow should mention, but Isaac recently hit the bottle pretty hard, and it's all I can do to keep him off the streets. That kid gives me so much grief!
Seriously, though, I have to agree with everyone here. In my mind blogs serve the following purposes:
* Share news (good, bad, or otherwise) with family and friends, especially those who you don't regularly talk to.
* Serve as a creative outlet for the blog author.
* Act as a journal to chronicle your life.
I love reading other people's happy news and would not mind seeing/reading more about the adults' lives, too (even some of the bad). Keep 'em coming!
I am all about bragging!!! why should there be anything wrong with it? just because someone somewhere said it wasn't right? I have so much to be happy about and frankly... so very much to brag about so I am going to do it no matter what anyone says! people like Winslow dont need to look at my blog if its just going to make them jealous! jk-lol. Its true we all have the negative things in our lives and who wants to dwell on all that? unless like Collin said, they need support. So, I say BRAGBLOG all you want!!!
I thought I was going to have something cool and original to say in response to your post, but everyone already said exactly what I was thinking. Blogging, for our family anyways, is for recording the things we'd like to remember and probably wouldn't otherwise. It's also to keep in touch with our loved ones we don't get to see that often. Personally I prefer to remember the good times and to hear about yours- so brag away!
Haha I just read everyones comments. Wow! Everyone is so passionate about their miniature version of World of War Craft! Moded!
I guess I need some things to brag about....then i'll join the hiding world of blogging (:
I'm sorry I meant mini version of Myspace.com (:
Post a Comment